Saturday, October 4, 2008

Update Day

Today will be a day of updates and links.

First, welcome to recent readers, who are coming from the Western Neighborhoods Project. Thanks for reading, and I value your collective history and experiences.

----------

I just discovered the photographer Jim Vecchi. He has done a Sunset Triology, including a look down at painted sidewalks.

-----------

Unless you were under a rock or something, like me, you probably know the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival is this weekend in Golden Gate Park. I've gone twice and it is a lot of fun, discovering new bands.

----------

It was confirmed by a reader that the Lincoln Way overpass did have lights. Still hoping to find photos.

----------

I went to The Pizza Place last night, here are the photos I posted last week of the mural. This time I actually went in and got dinner, which was great. Sweet potato fries and hot wing sauce, genius! There's a bar with six beers on tap, and a nice wine selection. Thin crust pizza, FYI. The Greek was excellent. A neighborhood feel, people seemed to know each other.

I didn't realize it, but the pizza car has wheels that rotate. Fun.


I learned that yes, the big mural on 46th Ave was there when they opened a year-and-a-half ago, and they worked around it. There is also a mural across the front, here's part of it.


Naturally my battery died before I got the rest, and naturally it wasn't until I was leaving that I learned that the woman who did the painting actually works there.

No comments: