Sunday, December 27, 2009

Name That Apartment

Just when I thought I would never find another named apartment building in the Sunset, I came across three today. I also had some waiting to make a big enough post. Now I'm afraid it is too long.

Can you name this apartment building?:


It may be 1970's style, but the entry is pretty at night:


Answer: the A Francis Apts. on the 1400 block of 20th Ave:


Here's another lovely:


The Swinging (I like to imagine) Swinford Apt. on the 1300 block of 10th Ave:


Just a block away is this beauty:


If this looks familiar, that's because a reader shared his photos on Flickr. It took a year and a half but I finally stumbled upon it on my own. Pretty funny since I pass 10th & Judah several times a week:



Can you handle the suspense? It's Sunset Village:


Next up:


These apartments are actually run by the 7th Avenue Church two doors down:


Park Sunset:


I was thrilled to find that one of my favorites is a named building (hey, at least I'm easy to thrill):


The 200 Irving Apartments:


Finally, I leave you with the obvious:


The difficult to photograph Sunset Towers Apartments aka Avalon Sunset Towers :

Here are the other posts with named apartments:

June 22, 2008
June 30, 2008
September 20th 2008
October 11, 2008

No comments: